Get your prized audio equipment and musical instruments fixed by the PROs.
Put our 50+ years of combined repair experience to work for you.
No repair contract is too large or too small for us. Along with our carry in / ship in services, we offer house calls and on location services, guitar set-ups, and services for vintage and high-ticket items.
We serve broadcasters, recording studies and musicians.
dBm Pro Audio Repair Rates
Carry-in/Ship-in Service: $150.00/hr 1 hr minimum
- All non-warranty repairs require a $150.00 deposit.
- Vintage gear, high-ticket items and special projects require a $300.00 deposit.
Please go here for details on shipping your item(s) to us.
- Warranty status on your gear will be determined by the dbm Technical Staff.
- Proof-Of-Purchase within the warranty period is NOT a guarantee that your unit will be serviced under warranty.
- A warranty covers manufacturer’s defects under normal use. Any defect or damage that is user-inflicted is not covered by warranty.
CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED PARTS POLICY
There will be a $50.00 surcharge added to your final bill for the use of customer-supplied parts for repairs or modifications. In addition, the 60-day warranty is forfeited, as well as no guarantee of proper operation with these parts installed. You proceed at your own risk.
House Calls/On-Location Service: 150.00/hr 3 hr minimum
- Client incurs all travel expenses.
- Outside of Brooklyn, the time-clock starts, and stops, upon travel commencement, and end of trip, respectively.
Contact us below, to get started.
Estimates on Vintage, High-Ticket, Specialty Items: $150 1 hr or $300 2 hrs
- Non-refundable and must be prepaid.
- Estimates must be approved within 5 business days.
- Estimate Fee is included with service if work is performed by dBm.
- Estimates must be specifically requested, or work will be performed outright.
We retain the deposit fee on all declined estimates.
Not applicable to house call or on-location services.
Bench Charge (minimum diagnostic fee): 50.00
- A bench charge is applied if there is no problem found with your equipment.
- Not covered by dBm or manufacturer warranty.
Flat rates apply on these specific items:
- Speaker Reconing
- Guitar Setups,
- Effect Pedals,
- Drum Trigger Pads
- Avid/Digidesign Products
Please inquire below about your specific item.
Guitar Setups (electric, acoustic, acoustic/electric guitars & basses)
Flat-rate and priced according to type.
Standard setup consists of:
- machine head adjustment
- surface-polishing of frets
- cleaning/treatment of fingerboard
- lubrication of moving parts and string contact points
- checking/cleaning of electronics
- general maintenance,
- cleaning and polishing.
Strings, parts, and additional non-inclusive work are extra.
Please inquire below about your specific guitar type.
Special Projects / Custom Work Quotes
Have a unique project? We’ve got you.
Some examples of the types of projects we do:
- studio design and wiring
- custom cable harnesses
- custom guitar work
We’d love to give you a quote. Please contact us below to get the process started.
Rush Service: when you need it really fast!
We offer two levels of rush service:
- Same Day/Overnight: $150.00 hr
- 1 Week Turn-Around: $100.00 hr (additional fees, not covered by any warranties)
Please inquire below to get immediate attention.
Three easy steps to getting back to business...
We email you a quote to get started and you pay online.
Rest easy. We update your repair ticket at each stage of the process.
PS: If you don’t have a current project, let’s keep in touch for future projects.
Here’s a Glimpse of Our Specialties
Get in Touch With Our Musical Instrument Repair Specialists
and get playing again
PS: If you don’t have a current repair need, let’s keep in touch for the future.